With Valentine's Day quickly approaching I thought it would be fitting to share some fun ideas for such a love-filled holiday. As women, we tend to thrive on any opportunity to be "corny" and this holiday nails it right on the head! However there is some debate whether this holiday is strictly for women - or if our men can equally enjoy! I think.. Love for All!! This holiday is perfect excuse for to celebrate love whether you're single, dating or married!
When I saw this idea on familyfun.go.com I immediately fell in love:
It is such an easy idea for kids and grown ups - all you need are:
Small bag of candy
Toy sand shovel (you can get cheap ones at iparty.com)
Paint pen or print out of "I DIG YOU"
Another idea would be to head over to Shutterfly.com - not only are they having discounts or sales on a daily bases - they have a great selection of cute Valentine's Day gifts. Put together all your pictures from the first day you met and make a timeline in your book.
Want to head out for a night on the town? Sign up at www.OpenTable.com - This online reservation allows you to see restaurants sorted by each city showing the best restaurants with their availability, cost and different menus. A lot of restaurants will do a pre-fixed meal at a set price (not including alcohol) for Valentine's Day. OpenTable is a perfect resource to find the best place to eat within your budget. The best part is you get points for dinning that go towards a gift certificate for a future meal!!!!
Or do you want to host a Valentine's Day Party for you and your girls?
Here are some fun desert and gift ideas to make it a fun filled night!
Heart Cutout Cupcake
Maraschino Cherry Frosting
Recipe source- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
pinch of salt
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter until smooth.
2. With the mixer running, Add 2 cups of powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
3. Add 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice, one tablespoon at a time.
4. Continue beating, and add the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar, and chopped maraschino cherries.
5. Beat until fully combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Heart Cutout Cupcake Assembly
(idea source- Just Jenn Recipes)
1. Use a serrated knife to cut off the top of the cupcake, using the top of the cupcake liner as a guide.
2. Use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out a heart shape from the cupcake dome.
3. Spread frosting onto the cupcake base, in a mounded shape.
4. Sprinkle the cupcake dome with powdered sugar. Place top back on cupcake & press down a bit.
Last but not least - a little something to celebrate in style:
DIY Gift - Get a Pink Wine Glass, place durable Valentine's Day or Heart/Love themed scrapbook stickers all around. Add some ribbon on the stem and you have a simple, cute and fun gift for all!
I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day!! Please send any ideas, questions, comments to me at any time - would love to hear from you! ErinBonnerEvents@gmail.com
xoxo - Erin